Split, Salona & Klis + Stella Croatica, Vranjača cave (departure from Split & Trogir)
Availability: whole year
Higlights: Explore nearly 1,700 years of history and discover top attractions with ease on this 2-hour Split walking tour. Cointinue to Salona, and explore the roman ruins. Drive up to the famous Klis fortress, a castel for many Croatian kings and in newer time Game of Throne TV serial filming place. Stop for lunch at eco estate Stella Croatica, try home made eco olive oli and thei rother products.
Finish the day with Vranjača cave.
Max People: 48
Suitable for families, young and seniors
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide for Split, Salona, Klis fortress and Vranjača cave
- Entry/Admission – Klis Fortress, Stella Croatica, Salona, Vranjač cave
- Lunch at Stella Croatica – traditional food
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- TRANFERS: possible to organise individual transfers with ElenasTravel to meeting point and on departure
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure: Split center or agreed pick up place
- Departure: Time 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point approximately 19:00
What To Expect
Star your day trip in Split. Follow your guide on a sightseeing tour of Split. Admire famous landmarks such as the Diocletian’s Palace, the Catholic Cathedral of Saint Domnius, the Peristil, the Golden Gate and the statue of Gregory of Nin — a medieval Croatian bishop. During your sightseeing tour, discover hidden secrets many visitors miss and gain insight into this ancient city’s colorful past. Explore the Roman ruins of Salona and stand in the ampitheatre where early Christian fought lions.
Anicen Salona and remainings are from 4th centurz B.C. From the ancient Salona, once the capital of the Roman province of Dalmatia, asize, the well being and the elegance of witnesses, imposing walls with towers and doors, forum with temples, an amphitheater, cemetry with Salonitan martyrs (Manastirine, Kapljuč, Marušinac) Crowned by Queen Jelena and Crown King Zvonimir in the Šupljak church in 1076. Solin is truly a town monument. Head to Klis Fortress, the scene of of many Game of Thrones episodes, and enjoy stunning views over the Adriatic islands and beyondwhich is home to an imposing medieval fortress, perched high on a hilltop. This fortress became castle to many Croatian kings and served as a defense against the Ottoman invasion during the early 16th century. Continue to Stella Croatica for lunch, try local eco olive oil and their other products. Continue od to Vranjača. The total length of the corridors of the cave is 360 m. The temperature inside the cave is from +10 to 15 degrees Celsius all year round. From the first hall of the cave, there leads a small natural corridor into the next hall, filled with stalactites and stalagmites of different shapes and colours. When you walk through the cave, you get the impression that more and more new pathways keep appearing in the second hall of the cave there are 9 small rooms which have their own names. After Vranajača cave, we return to Split and end this day tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Proper clothing; sportswear, closed comfortable shoes. Out of season don’t forget warm sweater, umbrella or raincoat
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.