Međugorje and Mostar (departure from Split & Trogir)
Availability: whole year
Higlights: Discover two Bosnia and Herzegovina highlights on this trip from Split or Trogir. After a stop in the walled village Počitelj, take a walking tour of Mostar, a medieval town steeped in Ottoman history. See the famous, 16th-century Turkish bridge (Stari Most), and Old Bazaar, and enjoy free time to stroll and have lunch (own expense). Later, continue to the pilgrimage town of Medjugorje.
Max People: 48
Suitable for families, young and seniors
- Combination tour of Mostar and Medjugorje, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Stop in the walled town of Počitelj
- 1-hour Mostar walking tour, Turkish Bridge (Stari Most), Old Bazaar, and more
- Free time in Mostar to shop, stroll, and have lunch (own expense)
- Visit to the pilgrimage town of Medjugorje, where children reported seeing the Virgin Mary in 1981
- Air-conditioned transport, including Trogir or central Split or Split hotel pickup or drop-off
- Locak guide
- Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure: Split center, Trogir tourist terminal or agreed pick up place
Departure Time: 7:30 AM
Return Details: Returns to original departure point 20:00
What To Expect
Star you day meeting your fellow travelers on agreed point and meeting your Elenas Travel guide that will accompany you on this trip. First strop is beautiful Počitelj, now a Bosnian village but it used to be an Ottoman city. The construction style of building a city on a steep cliff really captivates you. You can still feel a strong oriental culture since the city was under siege for over 450 years. The rare fusion of Oriental East and the Medieval West in Europe attracts the views of all passers-by. The tower that still “keeps” the narrow passage beside the Neretva River on its way from the sea to the interior is already a five hundred and fifty-year-old guard of history in this area and of people. The famous city mosque that used to be destroyed is restored to its old glory.
After Počitelj we go to the highlight of the tour and beauty of Herzegovina. The city of MostariIt is the most important city in the Herzegovinan region because it is considered its cultural and economic capital. There you will be greeted by a local English-speaking guide that will take you on an hour-long tour of the city. You will have an opportunity to hear about the rich history of the city, see the Old Bridge (which together with the old town is on the list of UNESCO protected cultural heritage since 2005) from the 16th century. The architecture here presents a symbol of tolerance: a shared life between Muslims, Christians and Jews. The bridge combines the two religiously divided sides of the town. Christian and Muslim side. After the tour you will have 2 and a half hours of free time. You can get lost in the famous bazaar and see the heritage of the oriental culture while buying something to remember this day by. You will see The Turkish house (Kajtaz) and Koskin-Mehmed Pasha’s Mosque. If you are a history buff you can visit the Museum Of Crimes Against Humanity And Genocide 1992-1995 to learn the harsh history of the people.
We continue on in the afternoon after lunch (own expence) to Medjugorje Sanctuary. Medjugorje sanctuary is a popular Catholic pilgrimage site due to Our lady of Međugorje. She allegedly appeared to six local children.See the church, town center and climb up to the pillightam hill.
Around 17:00 you depart from Medjugorje sanctuary and head back to Split. Your return to Split is expected at 20:00.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Proper clothing; sportswear, closed comfortable shoes. Out of season don’t forget warm sweater, umbrella or raincoat
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel. Guests are solely responsible for having valid documents during the tour.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.